What are cookies?
Cookies are computer data files, particularly text files, which are placed onto your device and help you use this website. Cookies typically contain the name of the website they come from, storage time, and a unique number.
- adjust our web content to your preferences and to optimize your experience when you visit our websites; in particular, these files help us recognize your device and display the website which is tailored to your individual needs;
- produce statistics that help us understand how users interact with our websites and thus improve the structure and content of our websites;
- keep your session running (after logging in), so you don’t have to re-enter your login and password on every subpage.
- Our website uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored in your device until you sign out, leave the website, or close the software (a web browser). Persistent cookies are stored in your device for the time specified in the cookie parameters or until you remove them.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- essential cookies, which make it possible for you to use our website services; these include e.g. authentication cookies, used for services that require authentication on the website;
- cookies used to ensure safety, e.g. to detect malicious activity in the field of authentication on the website;
- performance cookies, which help us collect information about how users interact with our sites;
- functional cookies, which help us “remember” your settings and personalize your user interface, e.g. in terms of language, region, font size, display preferences, etc.
- advertising cookies, which help us deliver relevant advertising content tailored to your interests.
To ensure a smooth implementation of the new provisions and to educate Internet users, the IAB Polish Association of Internet Industry Employers has drawn up a set of guidelines for website operators to assist them in meeting their new obligations. It has also created a website www.wszystkoociasteczkach.pl for Internet users, which contains detailed information about cookie mechanisms.
The full amended Telecommunications Act can be read at: http://www.dziennikustaw.gov.pl/DU/2012/1445